9.01.2010

Thoughts Before My 17 Week Appointment

-Is something wrong with my baby? I don't think there is, but it drives me insane that I can't know...

-If something is wrong, is it because I ran two 5ks?

-Because I'm still sleeping on my back (I can't help it!)?

-Because my son has made some flying leaps that ended right on my belly?

-Because the idea of eating any sort of fruit makes me sick?

-Because I wasn't as morning sick with this one as I was with Seth?

-Because I insist on taking hot baths and not just lukewarm baths?

-Because I've eaten at Arby's at least three times during this pregnancy?

-Because I am still too utterly exhausted to think about exercising (except for aforementioned 5ks?)

-Because I still haven't felt the baby move (at least I don't think so) and I feel like I should have already?

But the worst part is knowing that if something is wrong (and I really, honestly don't feel like there is) I will blame myself for every single item on this list, even though logically, I know how improbable it is.

The good news is that by tomorrow afternoon, all my fears will be either confirmed or unfounded. And if all's well, I'll get my 'permission slip' for The Ultrasound! Within the next 3 weeks we should know if this little person is a girl or boy (barring any modesty on the baby's part--if you've got it, flaunt it, baby!)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

yes, if there is\was something wrong with your baby you very most likely would find all kinds of reasons to blame yourself, despite anyone saying anything otherwise. (And if you found out your baby had an extra chromosome you would probably go so far as to hate your stupid egg that you were just so sure was defective in the first place.)

All signs you are a "good" and normal mommy...

Rachel said...

My son sat on, kicked, rammed, and otherwise abused my pregnant tummy the whole nine months. I think it might be something that second children start dealing with in the womb.

The Momma said...

MEGAN!!! WOW!!! Congratulations!! I had no idea!! WOW! What a shocker for me! That is soo exciting!! We are so close in due date! I am due January 31st!! How exciting. I hope your appointment goes well! I have an appointment tomorrow and hoping to find out the sex tomorrow too. I am sure your baby is perfectly healthy. I wasn't sick at all with Stryker, and exercised like crazy the whole time. Congrats!! YA!

AZ Mikesells said...

Wow Megs, I thought the obsessive gene had skipped you :)) Actually, I think being 'mommy' makes us all worriers!

I remember when I was trying not to lose the baby before Bethany my doctor put me on bedrest with these instructions, "it's probably not going to matter what you do or don't do - just don't do anything that will allow you to blame yourself if you lose the baby". AMEN!