9.21.2010

Things I Need to Practice Saying:

"I'm sorry--I really can't help."

"I have a lot going on this week. It really isn't going to work out."

"I wish I could. Is there anyone else who could do it?"

"I would love to, but that's not really my responsibility. Ask _____________."

"I really don't want to."

"I can't."


"No."


But instead, I say yes and wonder how I'm supposed to pull off piano lessons, wedding cake making, preparing a house for visitors, and doing these extra things that seem to fall into my lap at the last minute. Is it really so hard to just say, "no"?



4 comments:

Alicia said...

Yes it is hard to "just say no!"
Especially when you are a people pleaser like yourself.

Maybe try practicing saying "no" in the mirror. Maybe I should try that one too. ;)

Adrian said...

I have always envied Mindy her husband who says no for her when she can't do it herself.

Sommer said...

AMEN! I totally can relate.

Dawn said...

Man, I want to hear about your week!