9.16.2010

Of All the Weird Habits...


My son is obsessed with my belly button.

Whenever he catches a glimpse of it, he'll rush across the room. 'Buh-un! BUH-UN!'

At this point I have to squat down until my belly button is at his eye level, where he will either snuggle up to it or plant a kiss on it.

If he's really desperate, he'll peel up three layers of clothing to get at it.

I'm a little weirded out by this one. Thankfully he hasn't tried it in public. Yet.

For those of you who are thinking, 'How cute! He's giving kisses to the baby in your tummy!'--let me clarify: he started doing this a week or two BEFORE I knew I was pregnant. And considering he's still completely clueless about the 'baby in Mommy's belly' (despite my attempts to explain it), I think we can rule that one out.

Unless it's some kind of sibling premonition... In which case I guess I should be grateful he's kissing and snuggling instead of scratching or smacking. Hopefully that holds true once this baby makes an entrance.

3 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

Zach went through a phase a few months ago where he had to lift up peoples shirts, find their belly button and poke it. Sadly this even happened when we had people over. He eventually lost interest in belly buttons. Maybe Seth will eventually lose interest as well?

Christy said...

Maybe Seth knew you were preggo before you did?

In any case, I am reminded of the scene in "Big Daddy" where Adam Sandler is inquiring of a group of kids whether they were into drugs and alcohol. The answer he got was (Say it with me...)

"I have a bellybutton!"

AZ Mikesells said...

I hope Seth is still obsessed when you're here for Thanksgiving. My then your 'INy'belly button should be an 'OUTy'