8.27.2010

What I Read

And by 'what I read' I mean websites. If you want to know what books I read, be my friend on Goodreads.

Websites I visit every day:


Google News


National Review Online
(I figure between this and Google News I'm getting a fairly well-rounded perspective on politics)


Cake Wrecks
(As a former bakery employee I find these pictures hilarious. And appalling. The commentary is fantastic, too.)


Facebook

(I know. I'm an addict. But at least I don't play any of the stupid games.)


Seriously So Blessed

(I hate that I love this blog. I hate it because I think those of us who read it tend to point to people we know and say, 'She is just like TAMN', when really, no one is as terrible as TAMN. But it's so horribly funny that I can't stop!)


NieNie Dialogues

(I'm not the biggest fan of her writing style, dress style, or decorating style, but reading about how she overcame and continues to overcome her huge challenges is inspiring. Puts things in perspective.)


CJane

(My favorite. I LOVE her writing.)



Websites I Visit Occasionally:


Allrecipes.com

(Great recipes, plus the comment sections give me TONS of help)



Homestarrunner.com

(Used to be every day until they stopped posting new things. Without warning.
A year ago. Poop on them.)



Wikipedia

(Useful for comparing book to movie plotlines and for figuring out what the Twilight books are called in Spanish. Take anything political you read with a grain of salt...)



Overheard in the Ward

(Warnick introduced me to this one. It's not updated often, but there are some fantastic gems in there.)



Websites I Tried to Like and Failed:

Dooce.com

(As a recovering cynic, I find her blog depressing. Is it possible for everything you encounter to irritate you in some way? Also not a huge fan of the language and Mormon bashing.)



The Pioneer Woman

(I read her --incredibly lengthy--love story and thought it was fantastic. I was totally sucked in. Then I finished and realized I didn't care about anything else on her blog. The end.)


How about you? What websites do you visit every day?


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love Seriously So Blessed. And I have Pioneer Woman on my blog reader but more often than not, I just click them "read" and don't read them. Too, too much.
I would have to add imdb to my list though. I am on it constantly.

Kellie said...

Aside from friends blogs and couponing blogs, I like to read mckmama.com. Cool story about Stellan, but a fresh, unique view on being a mom too. But if you don't like it, that's perfectly okay!