5.26.2011

Thoughts at 3 Months Post-Partum

Infant clothes should come in one color and one color only:
Poo-splosion orange.
Either that or I need to invest in Shout stock...

I'm fairly sure there is currently more of my hair 
on our bathroom floor than there is left on my head.

Amazing how quickly 4-5 consecutive hours of sleep 
becomes a great night's rest.

It doesn't matter what brand of diapers you buy--
your baby can poop out of anything.

There has got to be a safe way to 
permanently attach a pacifier to a kid's mouth.

I have very seriously considered putting a belt around
my baby to keep her dang arms swaddled.

When my first baby slept longer than usual, 
I would wake up terrified that he'd died in his sleep. 
With number two, I just praise the Lord 
for an extra hour or two of sleep.

Why didn't I realize how easy this baby thing was 
when I only had one?  
Cause it's a heck of a lot harder with a toddler to care for, too.

Is my brain ever going to function at full capacity again?

Why am I sitting here typing this when both kids are napping?
I need a nap, too!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Amen to everything you said! Especially the hair falling out--I'm pretty sure I could have made at least 10 full wigs out of all the hair that's fallen out in the past 3 months. And I have a hard time having sympathy for people who complain about not getting much sleep...I'm pretty sure they got way more than I did, and theirs wasn't even interrupted!

Adrian said...

Welcome back!

AZ Mikesells said...

Ah Meggy, glad to see your sense of humor has not been lost :D

sungold17 said...

Are you scheduling time to cuddle and snuggle with those two cute babies??