5.27.2011

Shout, 'Hooray!'

Last Sunday in Primary (I'm the chorister) they pulled up 3 or 4 kids to sing a birthday song to.  As I was coordinating the song with the pianist, I heard the presidency member announce that one of the leaders was having a birthday, too.  I smile brightly and look around the room, waiting for one of the teachers to come up to the front.

It wasn't until she said my name that I realized it was me.  

It was a very odd sensation to have completely forgotten my own birthday.  Part of it is just how busy life has been for the past month--I'm living day-to-day instead of anticipating what's coming up.  But part of it is just realizing that I don't care as much anymore.  I enjoy celebrating my family's birthdays more than my own.

But all the same, I'm glad they reminded me so I could be excited for my birthday this week.  And I got a Twix out of it, which possibly made up for my having to stand in front of the entire Primary and be sung to.  Twice.                                  

1 comment:

sungold17 said...

That is cute. Did you have to lead your own song?