1.02.2011

At 34 Weeks

-I'm getting heartburn while standing up. It's even more fun when I lay down.

-I can't get my wedding band off.

-I have to wear my Vans with gel soles at all time while cooking or my feet feel like I've been standing for hours.

-I have exactly two outfits that I can still fit in for church, and exactly one pair of shoes that is still comfortable.

-I've come to terms with the fact that for at least 30 minutes after I lay down to sleep, baby will keep me awake with a stunning dance routine.

-Any waddling you see is not from a big belly--it's from Braxton Hicks and/or pelvic pressure. I'm not looking forward to this baby dropping (if there's even anywhere left for her to drop. Sure doesn't feel like it).

-I'm nesting like a mad woman.

-I'm stressing over the logistics of taking care of Seth while we're at the hospital.

-Asian food sounds terrible to me. Even P.F. Chang's. Probably has something to do with all the heartburn...

-I'm cherishing my time with Seth. I hope he forgives us quickly for messing with his life.

-I'm currently sleeping with three pillows: two under my head for heartburn, one between my knees. Jon's never been so grateful for a king-sized bed.

-There are small piles of pink clothes on the nursery floor waiting for me to deal with them. Does it make me sound like a wimp if I say I'm very intimidated by those pink clothes?

-I'm realizing that if this baby comes ten days early (like Seth did), then we'll have a new baby in less than a month. My brain is not ready for that. My aching body would be happy to deliver tomorrow.

-I swear my face gets puffier every morning.

-My ribs hurt ALL THE TIME. This kid is in my ribs ALL THE TIME.

-I'm grateful that I can still shave my legs in our stall shower without having to sit on the ground. With Seth I was already at that point by now.

-This baby is coming next month. I can't get that through my head.


4 comments:

Holly said...

I was feeling great, with no complaints, until I hit about 30 weeks too (I'm remembering your earlier post). I hear you on almost all of these. Like you've said, I'm grateful for the third trimester, if just to make me actually WANT to have this baby, instead of just being totally terrified about it! :)

Rachel said...

Have I mentioned that the first three months after she comes might be the worst of your life? If they are, just know that the three month mark seems to be where things turn for the better.
YAY for the baby, and not for all the uncomfortableness. =)

Dawn said...

fun times Megan. :) It will be over soon and you will be sad (at least a bit.) You will fall in love with that baby girl and never imagine how you could have lived with out her.

Please let me know if you need anything and I am totally willing to help with Seth when the time comes.

AZ Mikesells said...

Ah Meggy, you don't like change either (like most of our family)... I worried and obsessed and cried about leaving you, and you thought it was a great party! Remember "survival mode" is how to keep sane with a toddler and baby for those first months. I usually didn't get to shower until after your dad came home from work. Give yourself permission to be a hermit!!!